Looking for fun things to do with the family this week? Check out our Summer Guide below. Fill up your calendar with fairs, concerts and movies happening all week in Northern Virginia. Most of the events are free and cater to all ages. Be sure to check out the websites for rain dates!
- Knick Knack – Free music performance for kids at Reston Town Center Pavilion (Next to Clyde’s). Admission is free. All ages.
August 10th– 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
11900 Market St
Reston, VA 20190
(703) 579 6720
- Frying Pan Farm Park- Jr. Farmer Family Fun– Go behind the scenes to help the farmers at the Frying Pan farm. Registration required. (2 yrs. – Adult)
August 13th – 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Frying Pan Farm Park
2709 West Ox Road
Herndon, VA 20171
- Herndon Farmer’s Market Fun Days – Enjoy the farmer’s market and family fun performances every Thursday 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Admission is free. All ages welcome!
August 13th – Groovy Nate (Music and Puppets)
730 Elden Street
Herndon, VA 20170
- Arts in the Parks – Free live entertainment for young audiences in parks across Fairfax County. Performances are held on Wednesday and Saturday morning. Admission is free. All ages.
Check out the website for performance schedule and parks.
- Sully District Starlight Cinema– Drive in Movies along with free children’s games and rides. Food and drinks available for purchase. Admission is free. All ages. Gates open at 6pm, movie starts at dark.
August 15th – Frozen
5860 Trinity Parkway
Centreville, VA 20120
- Civil War Encampment Weekend – Skirmishes, military encampments and demonstrations, games, food and house tours. Tickets are $9/adults, $7/ senior or child.
August 15th – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
August 16th – 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
3650 Historic Sully Way
Chantilly, VA 20151
- Clarke County Fair – Carnival rides, Farm and Garden Exhibits, Music and Food. All ages.
August 9th – 15th
890 W Main Street
Berryville, VA 22611
- Prince William County Fair – Carnival rides, motor shows, demolition derby, animal shows, clowns, music and food. All ages.
August 14th – 22nd
10624 Dumfries Road
Manassas, VA 20112
- Power Kids Expo – An expo to educate kids and parents in the latest health, education and technology trends. Admission is free. All ages.
August 15th – 16th – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Ave N.W.
Washington, DC 20004
- Lucketts Fair – Bluegrass music, vegetable contests, hayrides, pony rides, book readings, food and more. All ages. Tickets are $5/person and children under 6 are free.
August 15th – 16th – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
42361 Lucketts Road
Leesburg, VA 20176