Continuing with our summer family events in August, check out our list below for all the fun happenings around. There is something for everyone and all ages. So put on those summer hats, pack a picnic and step outside. Be sure to check on individual websites for alternate dates when rain plays the spoilsport.
- Prince William County Fair– Carnival rides, Motor Shows, Demolition Derby, Animal shows, Clowns, Music and Food. All ages.
August 14th– August 22nd 2015
10624 Dumfries Road, Manassas, VA 20112. (703) 368-0173
- Power Kids Expo– An expo to educate kids and parents in the latest health, education and technology trends. Admission is free. All ages.
August 15th and August 16th 2015 – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington DC 20004
- Lucketts Fair– Bluegrass Music, Vegetable contests, Hayrides, Ponyrides, Book readings, Food and more. All ages. Tickets- $5/person and children under 6 are free.
August 15th and August 16th 2015- 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
42361 Lucketts Road, Leesburg, VA 20176. (703) 771- 5281
- Civil War Encampment Weekend– Skirmishes, Military encampments and demonstrations, Games, food and House tours. Tickets- $9/Adults, $7/ Senior or Child.
August 16th– 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
3650 Historic Sully Way, Chantilly, VA 20151. (703) 437-1794
- Knick Knack– Free music performance for kids at Reston Town Center Pavilion (Next to Cyldes) . Admission is free. All ages.
August 17th 2015 – 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
11900 Market Street, Reston, VA 20190. (703) 579- 6720
- Herndon Farmer’s Market Fun Days– enjoy the farmers market and family fun performances every Thursday 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Admission is free. All ages.
August 20th 2015- Wildlife Ambassadors (Barnyard Buddies)
Town Green, 730 Elden Street, Herndon, VA 20170
- Arts in the Parks– Free live entertainment for young audiences in parks across Fairfax county. Performances are held on Wednesday and Saturday morning. Admission is free. All ages. Check out the website for performance schedule and parks.
- Disney in Concert at Wolf Trap– Enjoy the magic of Disney with favorite songs from Frozen, Aladdin, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast and more performed live. Check the website for ticket prices.
August 21st 2015- 8 p.m.
Filene Center, 1551 Trap Road, Vienna, VA 22182. (703) 551-1900
- Sully District Starlight Cinema– Drive in Movies along with free children’s games and rides. Food and drinks available for purchase. Admission is free. All ages. Gates open at 6 p.m., movie starts at dark.
August 22nd 2015 – Big Hero 6
Trinity Centre- 5860 Trinity Parkway, Centreville, VA 20120. (703) 324-7469
- Burnside Farms- Summer of Sunflowers– Pick your own sunflowers from 30 different varieties. Stroll through nearly 6 acres of farm and end the day with a picnic in their shaded picnic area. Due to delay in bloom, the event is tentatively scheduled to open on August 5th 2015 and continue till the end of August. Check out their Facebook page for updates and pricing.
2617 Logmill Road, Haymarket, VA 20169. (703) 930- 3052