As we head towards the tail end of summer, don’t let it dampen your spirits. There is still plenty to keep your family entertained. Check out below what’s happening around Northern Virginia and be sure to check websites for rain dates.
- Canine Cruises– Treat your canine companion to a cruise on a pooch friendly boat at Lake Accotink park. $6 per person, no charge for dogs. Reservations required.
August 23rd 2015- 6:00 p.m.
Lake Accotink, 7500 Accotink Park Road, Springfield, VA 22150. (703) 569-0285
- Mr. Knick Knack– Free music performance for kids at Reston Town Center Pavilion (Next to Cyldes) . Admission is free. All ages.
August 24th 2015 – 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
11900 Market Street, Reston, VA 20190. (703) 579- 6720
- Sully District Starlight Cinema– Drive in Movies along with free children’s games and rides. Food and drinks available for purchase. Admission is free. All ages. Gates open at 6 p.m., movie starts at dark.
August 29th 2015 – Paddington
Trinity Centre- 5860 Trinity Parkway, Centreville, VA 20120. (703) 324-7469
- Maryland Renaissance Festival– Step into the 16th century and witness the court of King Henry VIII at this annual event spread over 7 weekends. Lots of medieval family fun for all ages. Music, Food, Live entertainment, Jugglers, Magicians, artists and lots more. All ages. Check website for ticket prices.
Opening date August 29th 2015
Last day October 25th 2015
1821 Crownsville Road, Annapolis, MD 21401. (410) 266-7304
- Fly Fishing Weekend– Learn the sport of Fly Fishing along with your family. First day is lessons and the next day is your chance to catch on local water. Reservations are required.
August 29th and August 30th 2015
500 North Pendleton Street, Middleburg, VA20117. (540) 326-4060. email@example.com
- The Big Dig at the Great Country Farms– Get your hands dirty and dig in for potatoes to harvest at the Great Country Farms. And the potatoes are yours to take home for just $0.89/Lb. With a farm market and a kids play area its complete family fun. Tickets are prices at $10/child and $12/adult. Children under 2 years are free.
August 29th and August 30th 2015- 9:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Great Country Farms, 18780 Foggy Bottom Road, Bluemont, VA 20135. (540) 554-2073
- Burnside Farms- Summer of Sunflowers– Pick your own sunflowers from 30 different varieties. Stroll through nearly 6 acres of farm and end the day with a picnic in their shaded picnic area. Due to delay in bloom, the event is tentatively scheduled to open on August 5th 2015 and continue till the end of August. Check out their facebook page for updates and pricing.
2617 Logmill Road, Haymarket, VA 20169. (703) 930- 3052